Data Protection Notice
Lightman Investment Management Limited (“Lightman”, “us”, “we” or “the Firm”), (FRN: 827120) is an investment management firm authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as a MiFID investment management firm. We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and below we explain:
- what information we collect about you
- who is collecting data
- how we will use this information
- how data is stored and who it could be shared with
- your rights and how to exercise them
- other websites
What information we collect about you
For the purposes mentioned in the following paragraph “Why it is being collected” we collect the following categories of personal data when you register on our website, participate in our surveys or subscribe to our newsletters, alerts or other services:
- Contact details (telephone number, email address and postal address)
We also collect information about your website usage by using cookies (see below).
Who is collecting data
Data will be collected by Lightman (the “Data Controller”), with registered address c/o Buzzacott LLP, 130 Wood Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DL
The Data Protection Officer of our Firm is Sumit Mittal who can be contacted by the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 39501980
- Post: c/o Buzzacott LLP, 130 Wood Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DL
How we will use this information
We will use this information for the following purposes:
- to provide the services you have requested and send you regular updates on the performance of such services
- to notify you, if you agree when you register on our website, of new products and services that we offer and we think may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these notifications you can opt out at any time by clicking here [FORM LINK] or by sending us an e-mail at this address firstname.lastname@example.org
- to occasionally ask you to participate in one of our surveys or ask you to provide feedback to us
- to allow you to apply for job positions with us
We would like to send you information about new products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you can opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes you can opt out at any time by clicking here [FORM LINK] or by sending us an e-mail at this address email@example.com
How data is stored and with whom it could be shared
Data is recorded on paper and IT systems. Basic personal data [name, contact details] will be stored on our CRM system which Is accessible to all employees for the above-mentioned purposes.
Your Data will be subject to cross-border transfers to non-EU countries as permitted under GDPR.
We will only share your information with third party companies when:
- you agree for us to share this information with third party companies to receive marketing material from them
- sharing your information with third party companies (such as our suppliers) is necessary to perform the services you have requested from us
Without prejudice to any communications made to comply with legal or contractual obligations, data may also be disclosed to external parties as required by laws or regulations (e.g. court, tribunal, Regulatory Authority or Governmental Entity).
When we share your information with other entities within our group or contracted Third Party companies we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information and privacy are protected in line with the applicable legal obligations.
Data will be stored for a period of 7 years from our last successful contact with you or until your consent is withdrawn.
Your rights and how to exercise them
You have the right to determine how we use your data and to oppose to the purposes of processing at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawful processing of data based on consent up to the point of its withdrawal. Consent can be withdrawn at any time.
We remind you that you have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, or a restriction of processing, or to object to processing of data concerning you.
You also have the right to receive your personal data that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from us. In exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from a controller to another, where technically feasible.
You can contact us to exercise your rights at the address mentioned in the previous section no. (iii).
If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable data protection laws, as data subject you have the right, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular, in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
This helps us make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognise you if you visit our website again.
This privacy notice applies only to this website which contains links to other websites. If you access websites through the links you should read the privacy policies specific to those websites.